In February, Pichai became the highest-paid CEO in the US
Source: Maurizio Pesce
Google CEO Sundar Pichai’s pay package for 2015 was over $100.5m, according to a filing from parent company Alphabet Inc. Tuesday.
In February, Pichai became the highest paid CEO in the US after he was awarded $199m in shares.
Pichai became chief executive in October 2015, when the company was restructured and its parent company Alphabet was formed.
Take a look at a breakdown of his salary:
Restricted stock: $99.8m
All other compensation: $22,935
Here are 5 facts you didn’t know about Pichai
1. Pichai’s full name is Pichai Sundararajan. He and his wife Anjali have a daughter and a son.
2. Pichai was born in Chennai, India in 1972. His family of four lived in a two-room apartment and he and his brother slept on his floor. His father, an electrical engineer, bought a scooter after saving for three years. However, Pichai and his brother were given the best education possible.
3. Pichai studied metallurgical engineering at IIT Kharagpur. He then bagged a scholarship at Stanford. He also has an MBA from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.
4. Before working at Google, Pichai worked at Applied Materials as an engineer and then at McKinsey & Company in management consulting.
5. He joined Google in 2004. His core duties at Google include controlling search, ads, maps, the Google Play Store, YouTube, and Android.
Mon, 11 Apr 2016
Wed, 30 Mar 2016
Wed, 23 Mar 2016
Thu, 4 Feb 2016
Tue, 2 Feb 2016
Mon, 11 Jan 2016
Fri, 8 Jan 2016
Tue, 5 Jan 2016